This is Sadie at her dress rehearsal the night before. She thought it was so fun to run around on the stage with all the awesome stage lights on.
The night of the recital... Sadie is waiting backstage with the rest of her class.
They danced to the song Uptown Girls. Sadie sings it EVERYday. Seriously all the time. It's permanently stuck in her head!
Then after all the classes performed, Miss Brittani, the instructor invited all the girls to come and collect a rose.
Sadie was a bit embarrassed from all the attention and a little overwhelmed. But eventually she got over it and started to smile again. Thank goodness! Matt and I got Sadie some flowers for her. She LOVED them. And when I say love, I mean LOVE. One of Sadie's good friend's Aspen is in Sadie's class. They are great friends. Aspen is only 6 months younger, but is just a tiny little girl! Aspen is at the low end of the growth scale and Sadie is at the very top.
Of course after all the people started leaving, then Sadie's shyness started wearing off and she started dancing around!
Then after we got home, a little photshoot was in order! I love Sadie's personality. She is so much fun to take pictures of. She makes lots of faces and poses without me telling her what to do. It's seriously a blast to photograph her!
I have to admit seeing my baby girl on stage for the first time I was more than just misty-eyed. I bawled! It was seriously so neat to see her up there. She's such a natural dancer. She's got serious rythym and she can shake it!
I can't wait for her next recital in May. So proud of you Sadie!











2 comments:
love the pics erin...Saddie is SO DANG CUTE.What a great smile!!!!
Ahhhh I love all of the pictures! And Sadie looks so pretty in her cute little costume. I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment