Monday, August 11, 2008

July 28th...First Day of School????

Back to School already!!!!


Yes people, my kids started school on JULY 28th. I know I'm a couple weeks behind blogging this, but school in July is crap. The only good part about this year round school schedule is that they go OFF track August 18th. And then they don't go back until September 8th. Which is kind of nice because all the fun places we are going will be much less crowded.
Isn't Spencer so cute! He's in the 4th GRADE!!! I just can't believe I have a 4th grader!! No way! He's a smartie pants too. He's excited to be in the same class with his best friend Jake.
And Ethan, doesn't his smile melt your heart? What a cute blondie!! He is in the 2nd grade!! I know...little Ethan...I can't believe it either! His teacher is super nice. He's a really great student.

I miss my boys while they are at school, but I have to admit, I sure enjoy the peace and quiet while they're gone. Sadie screams much less and the house is MUCH less messy. It is a little sad that they are growing up so fast though.

So for those of you that are thinking August 25th is so early for the kids to go back to school, (or maybe for some of you not soon enough :)) Just think, my kids have been in school for almost a month!!!! Enjoy your summer!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...there's definitely something wrong with having to go to school in July! It's hard to believe Spencer's in the 4th grade....I remember the 4th grade really well! What cute boys...and lucky Sadie to have you all to herself!

Casey and Diana said...

oh man, you're right I can't believe they're that big! Last time I remember Ethan he was still learning to talk! Oh I bet it's so bitter sweet that they went back to school.

Kim said...

We started "regular" school on August 8. NOT fun! Very hot here still. Your kids look excited, though. Hope all goes well!

The Garners said...

(repost:obviously...I'm not Will! Did I mention it being a rough day??)

That is too early!! I'm so glad we don't have year round!! And I hope that continues over here on the East side. The only problem would be if they close one of these Elementries and put them together...and I could see that happening!

The school starts on the 25th but the kindergarten doesn't start until September 3rd. I'm glad...I'm still not yet emotionally ready! But I think if I waited for that we may be waiting a while. However....today...I wanna throw him out with the garbage. So, perhaps that readiness is coming sooner than expected.

Why did I have children again?? (One of those days...)

The Pollards said...

I cannot believe your boys are that big. Wow time flies when you are having fun. I second Lara's opinion when it comes to not wanting year round up here. I am a traditionalist by nature I guess.