All of us LOVE to see the prophet...
Sadie got pretty nervous hearing the airplanes and helicopters...I tried to tell her...just wave! Then you'll be on TV!
Here's my Mom in the white shirt and hat and my sister Danielle in purple...
Here's more of Danielle...
Spencer and Ethan sat up close to get a better view...until it got too hot....All in all we had LOTS of fun!!
Oh....but it's not over yet people...the week before this we all walked in the Days of 47 Youth Parade....that was VERY hot, but fun!
Our Stake entered a float of the new Oquirrh Mountain temple that is under construction right now. They just put the angel Moroni on top of it a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty amazing to live so close to a temple!
After the parade, they have a FREE carnival for all participants. It was lots of fun going around to all the blow up rides and booths and collecting all the free stuff. Ethan got his picture taken with these cool Star Wars people...who had to be literally baking in those costumes! It was sooo hot!
After all the parade stuff on the 24th, we all came home and laid on the couch for naps. I think that was the best part of the day....the fireworks that night were pretty cool too. The kids love lighting them all by themselves now. (with some extremely close supervision of course) Sadie loves the glow stick necklaces and cheering with me after each firework is lit. "Oh YAY! That was a pitty one!!" she'd say.
All in all, we had some serious holiday fun!!
5 comments:
Ahhh, the Days of '47. I want one of those fluffy dresses the girls on the horses were wearing!
Your mom and sisters look so cool on their horses! And your live blog feed thing is pretty cool, too...it's fun to see how people find your blog! It's good to be behind in posting...it means you're out doing stuff to blog about...later! Love ya!
Will would seriously pee in his pants over the Star Wars guys. He loves those movies. But it would be a toss up as to whether it would be cool enough to overcome being scared of dudes in costumes that can move. The moving is scary for some reason.
I'm jealous of your parade goings. I wanna go to that parade so bad. Patrick is a Pioneer Day scrooge...actually he just hates parades. Maybe next year I'll invite myself!!
I will e-mail you my digital scrapbook sites...I have found a few good ones!!
Oh how fun! I'm still bitter that we couldn't end up going to the parade. I loved their little head umbrellas.
Andrew would flip for the Star Wars guys! Very fun for the boy-crowd, I'm sure. I love Pioneer day, you guys are so lucky to be able to go the parade. I need to plan our trip to UT around good ol' pioneer day next time around. The umbrella hat is so fun, andrew would LOVE one of those...I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of them!
Post a Comment