Sunday, April 20, 2008

My little sister is a MOM!!!

So here he is....

The biggest newborn toes I've EVER SEEN!!!
You can see Brayden's inherited lips from his mom...so sweet!!
Isn't Cory the cutest Dad?


Congratulations Brittany and Cory!

On April 17th Brittany gave birth to the cutest little baby boy. They named him Brayden Cory Hester. He weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 21 inches long.

Here's a funny story about his name. Brittany and Cory have been keeping his name a secret the entire pregnancy. No clues or anything. So a couple of months ago I had a dream that Britt had her baby and I went over to their house to see him. As soon as I walked in the door I said, "OK, so what's the name?? What's the big surprise?" They declared with enormous joy and admiration, "His name is Willie Aiden Hester!" I tried not to laugh and then said, "OK, uh, he's your kid, you can name him what you want to." (no offense to anyone with this name out there)

I told Britt and Cory about the dream a couple of weeks ago. They laughed and laughed. So from then on, I always asked, how's "Willie" doing?

When Cory texted me a photo just after Brayden was born, I texted back and asked, so what did you name him...Cory wrote back...Willie!!! I laughed so hard. Then he wrote, JK, it's Brayden.

I'm still going to call him Willie. He's such a sweet little boy. He has Brittany's cute full lips and Cory's 10 inch long toes. I've never seen a baby with bigger toes or feet. The footprints would barely fit on the birth certificate!!! I guess that's what you'd expect because Cory is 6'5" and Brittany is about 5'10". Let's just say I think Brayden will be some kind of basketball star.

So Congratulations to my little sis on her new little guy! Love you Brayden!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute baby! I can't believe how long his toes look...I thought Avery's were long! I don't think anything compares to seeing your baby for the first time!

GrandmaCathy said...

He's VERY cute. Congratulations to Brittany and Cory and little Willie -- I mean Brayden ! ! !

Casey and Diana said...

How cute!! congrats to her. Awesome pictures Erin!