I'm sure by the title you can guess where this blog is going. No I don't have any pictures, but I can say that I spent 6 hours of my day today at RC Willey standing in line to audition for Deal or No Deal. My good friend Stacey told me on Friday that she was going to try out and I should do it with her. I told her I had Ethan and Spencer's soccer games, but then I could come. So of course last night I stayed up really late filling out all the paper work and getting everything ready. Stacey called me around 10am and said the line is crazy long...like a mile or more. I told her I would be there around noon. Luckily when I arrived I was able to get with her in line. The people around us were so nice to let me in.
The line filled the entire parking lot....switch backs of maze type lines...the kind you wait in at Lagoon or Disneyland...they just seem to keep going and going. So after about 3 hours of standing in line, we finally made it inside the building. What an awful sight inside...more lines!!! We waited another 2 and 1/2 hours before getting to the front of the line.
So you get to the front of the line and they divide you into groups of 10. You walk up to a table all together and they start a stop clock and you have 20 seconds to tell them about yourself. I was 5th at my table to go. I'm not sure exactly what I said, but I know I was screaming and jumping up and down when I said it. I said something like, "My name's Erin, I'm from South Jordan Utah, I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 26 and have started a support group and really want to get on the show to help my group and my husband relieve some of his stress from working so hard...PLEASE PICK ME, YOU JUST HAVE TO!!!" I really shouted and jumped towards the end.
My friend Stacey went after me and did basically the same thing and so on down the line. After each of the 10 of us had our turn. The woman behind the table asked 4 people to stay and the other six were done. I was one who got to stay!! Unfortunately my friend Stacey didn't get selected to stay...:(
On to phase 2. This time the lady at our table went and got some guy to come over. He asked the first person at our table a question and the they answered. Then the interviewer tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "What do you do for fun?" I was totally caught off guard. I stammered a little and said, "I love being outside, doing fun activities with my family and getting together with my cancer group since I'm a cancer survivor and really need to get my group going!!!!" And then the other 2 women gave a few quick answers. After the 4 of us had our turn, the lady and guy whispered a second and then the lady asked one of the girls to take her paper to another line. Then she said to me, "I'll take you're paper and we'll let you know.." Oh darn!! I was out. I seriously doubt I'll ever hear back on that again. I think she was just letting me down easy.
I feel proud of myself for at least getting to second cuts. The producer did say that they did call someone up after 2 years to have them come to the show and they just won $300k. So I guess you never know, but I'm guessing.....I'm out. We were around number 13, 650 in line and there was a huge crowd behind us!
They were doing casting calls not only for the regular show, but I guess they are going to be showing it every day on TV. They will have 26 contestants holding cases and then someone will spin a wheel and the number the wheel lands on is the next contestant. So I guess we get to watch Deal or No Deal every day.
Well, I just had to write about the crazy thing I did today. Spending 6 hours on my feet in a line with strangers (except Stacey) all day trying to act energized and acting like a fool in front of some judges...sounds like a great day to me! It was a fun experience. Spencer was disappointed I didn't get on. He was already planning how we could spend the money if I won!
So if I ever hear from the Deal or No Deal folks...you'll be the first to know!!!
8 years ago
2 comments:
I still think it's so funny that you were there and we didn't see you! I hope they call...keep your fingers crossed!
I can't believe you did that! Cool! Even if you don't get on...the story alone was probably worth the time!!
Post a Comment