On August 23rd, we were able to attend the 9th and final session of the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Since Ethan had just turned 8, both he and Spencer were able to join Matt and I inside the temple for this special day.
I was so impressed with how reverant Ethan and Spencer both were. We arrived an hour before the session actually started making the total sitting time 3 hours. That's a long time to sit and be completely quiet and reverent. I even had a hard time!
But it was worth it. We got to sit in the room right off of the Celestial Room and could even hear the choir singing louder from the hallway that our monitor! And to make the experience even better, President Monson came into our room following the dedication to say hello. Ethan and Spencer were both beaming as they got to see a Prophet of the Lord in person. We also got to see President Eyring and Elder Ballard.
We are so grateful to Matt's parents who offered to watch Sadie and their other grandchildren, so we could all attend the dedication. Yes, I know it gets a bit broken record sounding, but I do have the best in-laws ever!!

5 comments:
What a neat experience for all of you! Definitely one that your boys will remember for the rest of their lives!
That is so cool. You guys are good parents to take your kids to things like that.....I would have also had a hard time holding still for 3 hours!
When we had the opportunity to go to the Draper temple dedication at the temple I was super excited, then I did the math and yes 3 hours on not so comfy chairs was not in the equation. We however enjoyed every moment immensely and made so many good memories. We were in an ordinance room right on the other side of the celestial room and the experience was amazing. Angels were there for sure.
You are so lucky to get to go! What a neat experience. I was a sad that we missed the dedication. I'm sure it was wonderful.
Wow Erin...what an incredible experience...and to see the prophet, I can imagine what an incredible experience that would be....wow...wow
Post a Comment