Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Basketball Mania Times 2 and I'm REALLY old

Having 2 boys means double the sports. Since Spencer was doing basketball, naturally we enrolled Ethan as well. He LOVES basketball. Ethan is out at 8pm in the freezing cold practicing. And it pays off! He's a really great little player!


Ethan's Jr. Jazz team is actually quite good and fun to watch. There are several players on his team that just get it done! Ethan has made several baskets and even made a buzzer beater!! Woo hoo!



Ethan is pretty aggressive and likes to get right in there and get the ball. He does, however, just like Spencer, goof around and do silly things. But it's VERY entertaining to watch. His poor coach is so patient. We just know, it's normal, it's Ethan! This weekend are the last Jr. Jazz games of this season...I can't wait to see what happens!!


More about Ethan....


So lately, Ethan has been making this face at me...


Yes, this squinty-eyed-I-need-braces-SO-bad-crinkly-nose-I'm-crazy face.

This is the face I get when I ask,

"Ethan did you spill crackers crumbs all over the floor?

Were you eating on the couch?

Did you wear your shoes without socks?

Did you just eat 8 fruit roll-ups?

Did you just kick your brother?

Did you take Sadie's game away?

Did you just get your toothbrush wet to trick me into thinking you really brushed?

Are you really going to wear that?

Were you reverent at church today?

Did you clean your room?"

...you get the idea. I can't help but laugh every time and then immediately following think, man, when are the rest of those baby teeth gonna fall out so we can move on to phase II of the orthodontia?


Talk about making me laugh... the other day, Ethan called me into the other room and wanted to talk to me. So we walked in the other room.

He said, "Mom, let's sit on the couch."

"Okay." I told him and sat down.

"Mom, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." At this point, I'm thinking oh great, what is he possibly going to ask...

and then this question...

"Mom, when you were a little girl, did you have electricity?"

I couldn't help but smile. I tried not to laugh, because I could see he was so serious.

"Yes, Ethan we had electricity. We had light bulbs, microwaves, TVs, and even computers."

And then I couldn't hold it in any longer, I began laughing and asked him how old he thought I was!! He told me he thought I was REALLY old. Once I reassured him that there was electricity waaay back in the 70s, he laughed with me.


So thanks for all the laughs Ethan!

8 comments:

The Pollards said...

After you laughed at the electricity comment he made that face and you sent him to his room didn't you...he he he. Ethan looks like a star on the court. Way to go Ethan!

Teresa said...

What a cute kid! It sounds like your Saturdays are pretty busy, but fun! I'm loving Ethan's face. They sure known how to make us laugh.

Mirien said...

Great picture--love the teeth! Jill is Ethan's age and she hasn't lost a single tooth yet!! I remember how much fun Ehtan was in primary. Sounds like life is a laugh a minute at your house!

Danielle said...

Buahahaha! That electricity comment made me laugh out loud!...especially since it was after I "updated" you last night on some "stuff" you didn't know ;)

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I think it will be a blast to watch my boys play sports! That face Ethan is making cracks me up! I can totally relate...Luke is my crazy faced kid. Can't wait to hear how the season plays out!

GrandmaCathy said...

What a fun young man. I love seeing the kids play ball and have fun at the same time. And I LOVE that face ! ! !

The Garners said...

Yep. We're old Ethan...but not that old. That's like last week when Will saw a show where they used a mechanical pencil sharpener in a classroom and he asked what it was. After I explained it he said, "Oh, that must have been what they used in the old days." The old days? I don't wanna live in a world when 1984 was "the old days." But I think I do. And that makes me wanna cry.

The teeth are FINE! It gives him character! Plus he can make crazy faces at opponents on the court and get some shots in!!