Saturday, October 11, 2008

The many sides of Sadie...

What else can you do, but love this sweet girl? She's filled with new surprises everyday.
Thought I'd share a few...

So Sadie's been really into BandAid's lately. Every time she falls, stubs her toe, bumps her elbow, she demands a BandAid. I've been through boxes and boxes of them. So recently her lips were a little chapped. Of course, she had to have a BandAid!!!
I tried to help her understand that the BandAid probably would not stay and how would she talk or eat with it. She insisted that she needed one. I tell her, you are not bleeding, so you don't need one. Now she tells me, "Mom, I need a Bannaid, I beeding." How can you say no to that?

During General Conference we rediscovered the markers, crayons, and "quiet" toys. She loved drawing, coloring and being so grown up like her brothers. It was VERY quiet and I did hear most of conference. Then it got a little too quiet...this is what I found....



It's so hard to be mad! She's so cute! I did have to bathe her. She had marker on her neck, clothes...yeah...she "clolored so pretty!!" (she adds that extra l in colored)

And the latest is that Sadie has been very attached to her baby. If you ask her what her babies name is, she gets very upset and yells...."B-A-B-Y!!!!" She goes everywhere with baby. So at Ethan's soccer game, I was trying to juggle the water bottles, the chairs and the camera and she wanted me to hold her baby. I told her we need to figure out another way. So we improvised with the handy dandy jacket carrier!There's always something exciting happening with Sadie. Sometimes I wanna scream I'm so frustrated, (ok, sometimes I really do.) but I'm immediately reminded what a sweetheart I've got here.


In fact just now, Sadie walked up and saw her picture and said, "Oh look, there's my Sadie and my baby." "WHERE'S MY BABY!!!!!????"


Hope you enjoy a little peek into the several sides of Sadie...I've gotta go find "baby". :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadie...what a cutie. That first picture is so cool with the light shining behind her hair. I love the cloloring picture, and the BandAids. It'll be kind of sad (in a weird sort of way) when they grow out of this phase!

The Garners said...

What a pretty little girl, Erin!! Having my own little stinker, I know that unfortunately, their cuteness negates some of their bad behavior. It's hard to get mad at a darling little face with marker all over it.

Maybe we should have wished for ugly children, that we could properly discipline!! Nah!!

GrandmaCathy said...

What cute pictures ! ! ! Sadie will appreciate these when she's grown up with a little girl of her own doing such things. I love being around Sadie. Her excitement about the world is contagious.

Taylors6 said...

Man that kid is cute! Oh it makes me want a little girl SOOO bad.