So the other night Matt and I went to the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo. I was invited as a breast cancer survivor and Matt as my "guest", to enjoy a nice meal, a presentation, and a fun rodeo. Boy did we have fun!!! The theme of the evening was...Are you tough enough to wear pink? Every person that wore pink would have $1 donated to breast cancer research. So TONS of people wore pink! And there were tons of tough people! Check out these photos....

I'm not sure how these cowboys are able to subject themselves to the cruel and unusual punishment of a wild bucking horse or bull, but it sure makes for some great entertainment! They are DEFINITELY tough enough to wear whatever color they feel like!!!
But before all of that rodeo fun started, a little presentation was done to honor a few breast cancer survivors. Just before the national anthem was sung the announcer came on the loud speaker...Ladies and gentlemen, how many of you are tough enough to wear pink? You've seen some pretty brave cowboys, and they are pretty tough. But right now walking into the stadium are some really tough women. These women are cancer survivors and they ARE TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK!
And then our names were flashed up on the Jumbo Screen.
Then a couple of breast cancer survivors walked out and sang the National Anthem.
OK people...if that doesn't bring tears...something is wrong with you. I was crying like a baby!! Even with an entire stadium of people staring at me!
(I'm in the middle in the green shorts) In the pictures below, I'm in the middle and my great friend Ginny is on the far left...she has a pink bandana tied around her leg. (she's 3rd from the end)I met some pretty AMAZING women who are currently undergoing their battle with breast cancer. And I can definitely speak for them in saying they are some of the toughest women I know!!
9 comments:
What a cool night! I love rodeo's...we'll have to go to that one sometime! You are one tough, amazing person, I'd have to say.
Erin, this is an adorable picture of you!! Love you :)
I love that shirt you have on...I want one! I think all cow girls/boys should wear pink...haha!
It gave me chills reading about all the cancer survivors singing the national anthem. It's amazing how many women have to endure something like that. You're an inspiration to us all!
Sounds like a really fun night, how can you go wrong chilin' with your cancer survivor pals while watching a rodeo?!
That sounds like such a neat, and fun evening. What a support to all of you. What a great idea. Love you ! ! !
Wow, great photos! That sounds like a wonderful event. You look beautiful in Pink! I'm so proud of you and all you are doing to be involved with the Cause. You're a hero to me! BTW, we're planning to be back out at Christmas...maybe we could plan a date night and invite Becky Reed and her hubby...
That sounds like it was fun! You know you are the only one who has commented on my page and I suprised to get one the first day. Hope you have a fun summer!
Seriously Erin you look like Miss America. You are freakin beautiful!! What an AWESOME event!!!!
We love the rodeo. What an inspiring event for all of you survivors. That is great.
Post a Comment